PRESS RELEASE | November 2019
THE EUROPEAN AYURVEDA RESORT MANDIRA, BAD WALTERSDORF, STYRIA
A SECOND PROPERTY FOR EUROPEAN AYURVEDA®
Bad Waltersdorf, Styria, Austria – The latest venture by the Mauracher family of hoteliers, yogis and health gurus means their niche approach to healing hospitality, tried and tested at the European Ayurveda Resort Sonnhof in Tyrol, is now available near the eastern Austrian hubs of Vienna and Graz.
Unique mix of European Ayurveda® and healing thermal springs
Locating the second European Ayurveda® property in Bad Waltersdorf was an inspired idea. This small market town in East Styria’s gentle hill country is famous for two healing springs. The hotel evokes the grand hotels of old, and its 1,760sqm thermal spa offers a perfect and most luxurious adjunct to the palette of treatments and nutritional delights offered by European Ayurveda®.
With Christina Mauracher from the Sonnhof at the helm, the new European Ayurveda Resort Mandira Styria offers all the Ayurvedic classics. In addition to Dosha-rebalancing, Panchakarma and Ayurvedic nutrition, guests can also expect an emphasis on movement and regeneration thanks to a combination of the resort’s healing thermal waters and a programme of exercise and activities to ease joints, tendons, fascia and muscles. It’s the perfect marriage of east and west.
6 pillars of Mandira’s European Ayurveda®
- Consultation and treatment
Complementary medicine, Ayurvedic medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine combined with contemporary diagnostics and treatments, tailor-made for the western world.
- Healing spirit
Unfold your potential, find harmony and your true self with the help of mindfulness, mind detox and Ayurvedic psychology. Mental freedom and strength await.
- Medical care
Conventional medical diagnostics and treatments include medical check-ups, GP services, emergency medical care, non-invasive diagnostic procedures and laboratory tests.
- Yoga and meditation
Yoga harmonises mind, body and soul, balances the breath and stabilises somatic functions. Meditation leads us to an unusually clear view of creation and our own existence.
- Exercise and regeneration
The right balance between relaxation and tension is a sound basis for harmony and health. The musculoskeletal system is often a problem area in the western world. Through a combination of Ayurveda, thermal spa waters and studies carried out by the Medical University of Graz, the Mandira offers an effective exercise and regeneration programme.
- Thermal water
Immerse yourself in sublime thermal waters, a recognised medicinal resource for joint relief, toned skin and connective tissues, detox support, a boost to circulation and the immune system. Thermal water therapies and exercises stabilise the musculoskeletal system, and help to prevent rheumatism, build muscle and bone tissue, and relieve stress.
The European Ayurveda Resort Mandira Styria is open now, inviting guests to enjoy tailor-made healing best suited to our western lifestyle and constitution. The resort will close for a short period in early summer 2020, when the Maurachers will implement a refurbishment programme based on Vastu Shastra, the Indian form of Feng Shui.
- Open: now to early summer 2020, then closed for refurbishment and reopening July 2020.
Location: Bad Waltersdorf, Styria. 60km to Graz airport (40 mins), 147km to Vienna airport (1.5 hrs).
- Proprietor: Johann Mauracher.
- Management: Christina Mauracher.
- Rooms: 66 stylish rooms and suites on three floors.
- Restaurant: Breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and dinner based on top-quality regional ingredients with healing properties. Options range from exciting meat and fish dishes with an international touch to the finest European Ayurveda® vegetarian dishes.
- Ayurveda Spa: Panorama pool (32°C), indoor thermal pool (32°C), outdoor pool (28°C), thermal hydrotherapy pool (36°C), Celtic Lautrum sauna (90°C), Styrian herbal sauna (65°C), Minerals steam room (45°C), Saline sauna (75°C), Infrared sauna, Buddha’s Place relaxation room, Ganesha’s Spirit relaxation room, comfortable relaxation areas throughout the bathing and sauna area, Ice grotto.
- Gym: Cardio and weight machines, daily activity and exercise programmes including Yoga and meditation, breathing exercises (Pranayama), mindfulness lessons, sauna infusions, thermal aquagym, fascia training, Nordic walking, cycling and seasonal activities.
- Treatment programmes: Panchakarma, Rasayana intense regeneration, AyurDetox, classic spa and beauty treatments, administered by an international team of qualified Ayurveda therapists. Medical oils are made to special European Ayurveda® recipes for greatest efficacy.
NICHE DESTINATIONS – A WORLD OF STORIES
A handpicked selection of awesome experiences in unforgettable places. Depart the ordinary and embark on an authentic journey with our niche insider tips. Set out on an epicurean adventure, cultural discovery, or blast of adrenalin-fuelled action. Reboot, refresh, detox in the spa and find healing for body, mind and soul. Hide away, blissfully, on a romantic interlude. Share precious time with family and friends, enjoying nature and each other’s company. Make happiness your destination.
Photo credits: European Ayurveda Resort Mandira, European Ayurveda Resort Sonnhof