|Experience||Romantic walking holiday|
Romantic walking holiday with added luxury
Luxury and simplicity need not be mutually exclusive; indeed, they can complement each other perfectly. The Small Luxury Hotels of the World GROSSARLER HOF in Grossarl near Salzburg has an exclusive arrangement with the Mooslehenalm Alpine lodge. At an altitude of 1,449m, this destination makes a great romantic walking holiday.
Combining a luxury stay at the GROSSARLER HOF with a rustic stopover at the Mooslehenalm adds up to the perfect Alpine experience: a stylish hotel break with time out in the simple rusticity of the Mooslehenalm. This is the place for experiencing an unforgettable sunset, enjoying country cooking at its best, and delighting in the stillness of the night. In the morning, tuck into a hearty breakfast before embarking on a leisurely hike or challenging mountain tour.
Authentically rustic, totally romantic
The Mooslehenalm Alpine lodge is a rustic, beautifully maintained and tastefully furnished chalet dating back to the 1950s. It is a popular hiking destination, and is easily accessed on foot. Surrounded by a lush, green Alpine meadow and the mountains of Grossarl, the Mooslehenalm Alpine lodge bids you to stay a while. We recommend you make yourself comfortable on the splendid sun terrace where the view of the Alps is simply unforgettable! It is open daily and spoils its guests with regional dishes, local produce and homemade puddings and pastries.
Stars and spas
A night under the stars at the romantic Mooslehenalm Alpine lodge is a must. Then what better way to spend the following day than cocooned in the GROSSARLER HOF’s Erlenreich Relax & SPA? The spa at the 4-star superior hotel offers a Finnish sauna, an indoor whirlpool, a Kneipp pool, an outdoor hydrotherapy hot tub, an outdoor lounging area with mountain views, a gym with cardio equipment, and rooms for beauty, massage and body treatments.
Hotel & Lodge
2 nights including GROSSARLER HOF: ‘almost’ full board
- 1 night at the Mooslehenalm Alpine lodge with dinner & breakfast
- 1 pure ALTITUDE spa treatment of your choice (50 mins) for her
- 1 spa treatment of your choice (25 mins) for him
- Transfer & luggage service to the Mooslehenalm Alpine lodge by request
- Participation in the weekly programme, including walks with your hosts and themed walks
From €405 pp
Romantic walking holiday in the Grossarl Valley
- The wide range of hiking and cycling routes in the Grossarl Valley means there are perfect outdoor adventures to suit everyone.
- 400km of marked hiking trails and 40 Alpine restaurants
- Idyllic, crystal-clear mountain lakes await you in the Valley of Alpine Meadows. Not necessarily tempting for a swim, their banks do offer ideal resting places from which to admire the impressive mountain scenery of the Hohe Tauern. You might, however, feel tempted to dip your tired hiker’s feet in the cold mountain water…
- A hike to one of the area’s 40 mountain huts and inns offers fabulous impressions of the scenery. And it will make you hungry – a good thing too, because these hikes have plenty of culinary treats in store! Enjoy oven-fresh farmhouse bread, an array of mountain cheeses, delicious Alpine butter and tasty cold cuts in one of the many huts.
- The Grossarl Valley offers athletically ambitious and experienced mountain hikers 46 different mountain hikes to the most beautiful summits at up to 2,400m. The effort and determination required to climb the mountain peaks are amply rewarded by magnificent views of the Valley of Alpine Meadows.
- Awarded the Austrian hiking quality seal in 2010
Photocredit: SalzburgerLand, Grossarltal tourist board office