PRESS RELEASE | Schwaz, October 2018
NEW PARKZEIT OUT NOW
New technology and more information from Park Igls Mayr clinic
Park Igls, Austria’s Modern Mayr clinic near Innsbruck, marks the Autumn/Winter season with a new issue of ParkZeit – available for download now. Discover the advantages of the new mobile sleep laboratory and new techniques for stress management and combating adverse reactions to reduced daylight and lower temperatures. Other features shed new light on longevity, gluten and how to make 2019 a year of pain-free golf; plus recipes and invaluable lifestyle tips.
New mobile sleep laboratory
Park Igls’ new mobile sleep laboratory is a far cry from the conventional laboratory with electrodes, cables and tapes. At Park Igls a sleep specialist comes to you. The complete set of necessary readings (brain activity via EEG, heart rate via ECG, breathing activity and breath sounds, muscle tension, eye movement, body position, movement, temperature, oxygen saturation levels in the blood) are taken in the comfortable surroundings of your bedroom. With more than 100 known sleep disorders, establishing the cause is essential before advising on the treatment to achieve quality sleep.
- Sleep diagnostics at Park Igls are priced as an individual service at €998 and can be combined with the Basic Programme or a therapeutic module.
Stress is the root cause of countless physical and psychological disorders. Park Igls’ stress management coaching identifies stress triggers and finds ways to combat the problems: simple changes to daily routine and an intelligent diet tailored to individual needs will contribute to a positive outcome. ParkZeit suggests a few simple pointers, from periods away from the mobile phone to boosting a positive self-image.
- Park Igls’ Mayr De-Stress therapeutic module is €1,927 for 1 week including the Basic Programme plus 2 craniosacral therapy sessions (50 mins each), 2 talk therapy/coaching sessions (50 mins each), 3 combination heat packs (hay flowers and moor), 4 partial body massages (25 mins each) and 1 metabolic detox bath. Excludes accommodation.
Overeating, an unhealthy diet and lack of exercise lead to metabolic disorders. Modern Mayr Medicine and Mayr cuisine at Park Igls can help to optimise the metabolic process and combat these disorders, alleviating symptoms of civilisation syndromes such as type 2 diabetes, allergies and food intolerances.
- Park Igls’ Metabolism & Detox therapeutic module is €1,892 for 1 week including the Basic Programme plus 1 bioimpedance measurement (lean tissue, water and body fat), expanded laboratory blood tests, 1 personal training session (50 mins), 3 partial body massages (25 mins each), 2 lymphatic drainages or full body massages (50 mins each), 3 liver compresses with beeswax, 1 continuous shower massage, and 1 metabolic detox bath. Excludes accommodation.
Longevity and exercise
Boot camps, CrossFit, chasing the adrenalin rush and extreme sports should be treated with caution. 150 minutes of cardiovascular exercise per week combined with the right balance of endurance, strength and coordination training and fun extends life expectancy by at least three years. Read the ParkZeit for tips on how to achieve the optimum exercise programme by understanding physical and emotional needs, listening to biorhythms and recognising warning signals such as pain and exhaustion.
- Park Igls’ Heart & Circulation therapeutic module is €1,782 for 1 week including the Basic Programme plus 1 bioimpedance measurement (lean tissue, water and body fat), resting and exercise ECGs, 1 spirometry (lung function), cardiovascular blood tests, 3 heart rate control exercise sessions (25 mins each) and 3 partial body massages (25 mins each). Excludes accommodation.
The core principle of clean eating is nothing new for Park Igls – in fact it has been the basis of Modern Mayr Medicine for decades. Modern Mayr cuisine embraces a wholesome and predominantly organic diet. Raw foods are only recommended early in the day – as later in the day we are no longer able to fully digest them – and cooked food later in the day. Care must be taken when adopting a vegan diet as lack of vitamin B12 is very common and can lead to tiredness, weakness and depression. Discover ParkZeit’s advice on diet, the facts about gluten, and try their recipe for spinach and basil ravioli.
- Park Igls’ Mayr Intensive therapeutic module is €1,723 for 1 week including the Basic Programme plus: 1 additional medical examination – manual abdominal treatment (20 mins), 1 bioimpedance measurement (lean tissue, water and body fat), expanded laboratory blood tests, 4 partial body massages (25 mins each), 2 full body massages (50 mins each), 1 liver compress with beeswax. Excludes accommodation.
More than half of all golfers suffer from back pain. As the only TheMedGolf® Institute in Austria, Park Igls can tackle the cause of the pain – usually incorrect movement sequences or muscle imbalances. After technical movement analysis, a doctor, physiotherapist and health coach create a personal training plan for the individual golfer. Access to Park Igls’ on-site competition-standard chipping and putting course is included, plus greatly reduced green fees at nearby Rinn (18 holes) and Lans (27 holes). Professionals and experienced players alike will rediscover the pleasure of pain-free golf, while beginners learn a correct, back-friendly swing technique from the start. Read Park Igls’ winter fitness tips for a comfortable and effective game in 2019.
- The TheMedGolf® special offer is €536, including 1 golf-specific functional analysis (50 mins), 3 golf-specific training sessions to improve coordination and strength (50 mins each), 3 pre-shot and warm-up units (25 mins each). Excludes accommodation. This offer can be booked in addition to any special offer e.g. Golf@Mayr or a therapeutic module e.g. Mayr Intensive.
All prices are per person, subject to availability and valid from 26 December 2018 to 14 December 2019. Accommodation rates start at €148 per person per night sharing a standard double room, single rooms from €153 per night. Discounts for stays of 14 nights or more apply. Park Igls Mayr clinic recommends a minimum of two weeks and ideally three weeks for optimum curative results.
Park Igls is one of the leading health retreats in Europe. The ‘house in the park’ offers personalised exercise, nutrition and regeneration concepts and state-of-the-art diagnostics based on Modern Mayr Medicine. Guests can choose between different therapeutic modules, ranging from Mayr Classic, Mayr Intensive and Mayr De-Stress to Musculoskeletal System, Metabolism & Detox and Heart & Circulation. The range of matchless diagnostic modules includes the Super Medical Check, Men’s Medical Check, Modern Mayr Medical Check and the Ultrasound Screening Package. Innovative forms of exercise including kybun® and TheMedGolf® are exclusive to Park Igls. Facilities include a high-tech medical department and modern destination spa, spacious relaxation rooms, fitness studio and a well-equipped gym. Modern Mayr cuisine is an integral component of the innovative services on offer. Park Igls is a recipient of the prestigious Condé Nast Traveller ‘Most Effective Medi-Spa’ Spa Award and regularly features in influential spa guides.
Advance reservation is essential.
Reservations: www.park-igls.com / +43 512 377 305
Park Igls Mayr Clinic is included in Niche Destinations’ distinctive portfolio:
niche destinations is a travellers’ kaleidoscope for distinctive places with attitude, owned and managed by like-minded independent individuals, proud of their heritage and assertive about their future.
niche destinations promotes pioneering health retreats, must-go gourmet restaurants, quirky Alpine lodges & hideaways, ski nirvana, mountain Spa paradise, a mysterious encounter with Atlantic Morocco, hidden gems of local art & culture and the glorious beauty of nature.
niche destinations is a discovery of the unexpected, a sense of place, responsible & sustainable tourism, relaxed surroundings, understated elegance and generosity as a mind-set.