European Ayurveda Resort Mandira Styria
|Area||Bad Waltersdorf, Styria|
|Property||European Ayurveda Resort Mandira Styria|
|Style||Styrian grand hotel flair meets European Ayurveda®, Styria meets India|
Success is the measure of all things in these fast-paced times… the result is stress: emotionally and physically. Back pain, lack of energy, listlessness are all symptoms, and let’s not even talk about happiness. High time to make a change! And change is what happens as soon as you step into the European Ayurveda Resort Mandira Styria in Bad Waltersdorf. Expect a warm welcome at the Mandira, reminiscent of grand hotels of old. Calming fragrances slow the pulse as you check in. Joie de vivre is palpable everywhere, energy, harmony… everything your heart desires. It’s a place for discovering the true you.
One of the two Ayurvedic physicians from India greets you with a smile before your pulse diagnosis: the basis of your treatment programme. This diagnostic method provides a holistic picture of your health and defines the objective: rebalancing the Doshas, or vital energies. Then the body can regenerate on its own. With the return of good health comes the restoration of happiness. Ayurvedic treatments, Yoga, meditation and, of course, Ayurvedic nutrition: optimally adapted to your constitutional type, as well as the needs, desires and lifestyle diseases of the Western world.
The cuisine is outstanding: regionality of the highest quality. Ayurvedic porridge and hand-baked farmhouse bread at breakfast warm body, heart and spirit, igniting your digestive fire. Whether you fancy giving vegetarian fare a go, or have a preference for fish and meat, follow your whims – and the treatment programme’s objectives.
What’s special? In addition to the Ayurvedic classics such as Panchakarma, emphasis is placed on movement and regeneration. Comfortably nestled in the hilly landscape of East Styria, this resort helps you to regain mobility and flexibility thanks to its healing thermal waters combined with exercise and activities to support the musculoskeletal system, from spine and joints to tendons, fascia and muscles.
Discover the European Ayurveda Resort Mandira Styria
- Tea and hot porridge perfectly prepare me for my journey towards health and self
- After a wonderful Yoga class, it’s time for my pulse diagnosis: the treatment programme begins
- A flowing oil treatment and an Energy Body Balance massage is all it takes for the stress to slide away
- After refuelling on a delicious Ayurvedic lunch, the lush green hills beckon me outdoors
- Thermal water therapy: my back is so grateful!
- Swapping social media for meditation is a profound experience
- Nordic walking in the Thermenregion: it’s exercise and it’s fun too!
- Dinner: I’ll give my digestive system a rest and go for the vegetarian option today
- Another visit to the Ayurveda and Thermal Spa. I shut my eyes. This is for me, no need for words…
What do we really need? We certainly don’t need fussy, overladen luxury suites; rooms stuffed to the rafters; or high-speed Wi-Fi into every last nook and cranny. The experience here is dreamlike, flavoured by India, and elemental. Spaces that give you plenty of room to breathe. Simplicity with the very special flair born of Styria and India – and with unique views of the thermal spa region.
Wood, natural stone vanity units, and Indian-inspired colours characterise the interiors. Some of the spacious junior suites offer walk-in wardrobes. Absolute highlight: the terrace suites with direct access to Ganesha’s Garden.
Tailor-made, not off-the-peg. In fashion, sure, but even more so when it comes to health, nutrition, exercise, and regeneration. This is exactly what European Ayurveda® provides. The Indian teachings of Ayurveda perfectly tailored for Western society, adapted to our climate, our needs and lifestyle. Remedies and foods come from our own soil, because our bodies’ familiarity with them means they simply work better. Therapies and treatments are designed to combat our lifestyle diseases with a combination of complementary medicine, conventional medicine and the latest scientific findings.
The concept constantly evolves thanks to experts from Ayurveda’s country of origin, Ayurvedic physicians and therapists, nutrition experts, conventional physicians, scientists, European Ayurveda® specialists and complementary physicians. Here in the East Styrian thermal spa region, European Ayurveda® also encompasses key local components: the healing thermal waters as well as exercises and activities that focus on the musculoskeletal system.
European Ayurveda is based on the six pillars of Consultation and Treatment, Healing Spirit, Medical Care, Ayurvedic Nutrition, Yoga and Meditation, and Exercise and Regeneration.
A unique combination of Ayurvedic and thermal spa. 1,760sqm of healing wellbeing. Bathe yourself healthy: Panorama pool (32°C), indoor thermal pool (32°C), outdoor pool (28°C), thermal hydrotherapy pool (36°C). Feel the heat and relax: Celtic Lautrum sauna (90°C), Styrian herbal sauna (65°C), Minerals steam room (45°C), Saline sauna (75°C), Infrared sauna. Take it easy: Buddha’s Place relaxation room, Ganesha’s Spirit relaxation room, comfortable relaxation areas throughout the bathing and sauna area. Cool: Ice grotto. For that fitness extra: Gym with cardio and weight machines, daily activity and exercise programme with Yoga and meditation, breathing exercises (Pranayama), mindfulness lessons, sauna infusions, thermal aquagym, fascia training, Nordic walking, cycling and much more.
The Ayurvedic spa treatments and European Ayurveda® signature treatments are complemented by classic massages, Traditional Chinese Medicine and a highly selective range of high-quality beauty treatments. The international team of therapists consists of medical massage therapists who are fully trained in Ayurveda and undergo a rigorous programme of continuous professional development. Medical oils are made to special European Ayurveda® recipes for greatest efficacy.
Tip: Enjoy a cup of tea, relax in the lovely fresh air or with a massage in Ganesha’s Garden, where you’ll even find a teahouse and covered lounger areas.
The quality of the ingredients and dishes is a prerequisite for a culinary taste experience that is as healthy as it is delicious. The body is able to better and more quickly absorb the ‘information’ provided by native foods and herbs. At the Mandira, these become exciting culinary delights with an international touch. From delicious meat and fish to the finest European Ayurveda® vegetarian dishes. The perfect complement to our green cuisine: the recommendations of certified sommelier Jürgen Holzmann.
Nota Bene: Vegetarian European Ayurveda cuisine is particularly gentle on the digestion and therefore highly recommended for spa guests. Panchakarma programmes and some special offers include personalised dietary recommendations.
Experience the Panchakarma treatment for a positive route to long-term regeneration and a new sense of inner equilibrium.
- CONSULTATION AND TREATMENT Complementary medicine, Ayurvedic medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine combined with contemporary diagnostics and treatments, tailor-made for the Western world.
- HEALING SPIRIT Unfold your potential, find harmony and your true self with the help of mindfulness, mind detox and Ayurvedic psychology. Mental freedom and strength await.
- MEDICAL CARE Conventional medical diagnostics and treatments include medical check-ups, GP services, emergency medical care, non-invasive diagnostic procedures and laboratory tests.
- YOGA AND MEDITATION Yoga harmonises mind, body and soul and balances the breath as well as somatic functions. Meditation leads us to an unusually clear view of creation and our own existence. Towards our true selves.
- EXERCISE AND REGENERATION The right balance between relaxation and tension offers a basis for harmony and health. The musculoskeletal system is a particularly sore point in the Western world, but the combination of Ayurveda, thermal spa waters and studies carried out with Med Uni Graz allows the Mandira to offer a unique exercise and regeneration programme.
- THERMAL WATER Immerse yourself in the sublime thermal water, recognised as a medicinal resource, for joint relief, toned skin and connective tissue, detox support, a boost to circulation and immune system… What else? Thermal water therapies and exercises stabilise the musculoskeletal system, prevent rheumatism, build muscle and bone tissue, and relieve stress.
WHAT TO DO – ACTIVITIES
Find the European Ayurveda Resort Mandira Styria
Located in the East Styrian Thermenland, Bad Waltersdorf, 40km from Graz Airport and 1½ hours from Vienna Schwechat Airport. Two-minute transfer from/to Bad Waltersdorf train station.